ANGLICAN DIOCESE OF IDEATO, CHURCH OF NIGERIA
The history of Ideato Diocese is a simple narrative of status lost and status regained. It is an attempt to highlight the arrival of the gospel message in the area now designated as Ideato Diocese, the impact of the gospel message, the cultural conflict it suffered and the resultant effect on the area that is the seat of the gospel message, St. Peter’s Church Arondizuogu, where the flame of evangelism was lit by one blind Abraham Imo Okike in 1908. This history narrates in simple style what led to the loss of the status of St. Peter’s Church as the headquarters of the churches in Okigwe and Orlu Anglican Communion in 1921.
This history records the conscious and consistent efforts of the Ideato Christian Representatives led by Sir B.U. Ohanugo and late Sir Peter Abamara (Chairman and Secretary respectively) to regain the lost status after 78 years of patiently and faithfully working with the Lord in the belief of Ezekiel’s prophesy that “The bone shall rise again:. The patience was rewarding as the last >>>>>>>